Please join us in the battle by adding your pledge of prayers here! Please help spread the call to prayer by using our new printable Pledge Form!! Pray the Rosary with holy pictures and Scriptural aids. Become an "American Sentinel" by pledging to pray the rosary or Divine Mercy chaplet every day for the next year, or for four years!
To save the unborn and other lives at risk by restoring a Culture of Life in the United States, and from there, the world. A Rosary crusade similar in magnitude to that of Lepanto or Austria will be needed to accomplish this.
Our Lady is the Patroness of the United States under the title of the Immaculate Conception, and Our Lady of Guadalupe is both the Patroness of the Americas and Patroness of the Unborn. It is to Our Lady under these titles that we direct our prayers, and beg for her intercession.
The goal is a massive outpouring of Rosaries and Divine Mercy Chaplets said for the triumph of the Culture of Life in our country. If Catholics would pray and act as they should, the Culture of Death would be put to rout in our country. This battle is primarily spiritual warfare, and it's time we finally get organized as an army. Why the rosary? The power of the rosary is overwhelming. Archbishop Burke recently said, "All Catholics throughout the nation should...pray the Rosary for the restoration of the respect for human life... In the present crisis, praying daily the Rosary for our nation and invoking daily the intercession of Mary Help of Christians will be powerful forces for the victory of life and love." Regarding the Divine Mercy Chaplet, Our Lord told Saint Faustina, "Through the Chaplet you will obtain everything, if what you ask for is compatible with My will."
Our Marching Orders
Our country is at a crossroads! Though there remains a core of people who still stand for our country's original values, many have been led astray by individualism, secularism, and relativism. One doesn't have to be a prophet to see that the future looks grim in many ways, because we have not remained a nation "under God". We have instead put ourselves "over God", and if this is not corrected, our country will meet the same fate as other great civilizations of the past. NOW is the time to pray and fast so that the people of our country might again put God in His rightful place. The last word goes to Pope John Paul II, "A great prayer for life is urgently needed, a prayer which will rise up throughout the world. Through special initiatives and in daily prayer, may an impassioned plea rise to God, the Creator and lover of life, from every Christian community, from every group and association, from every family and from the heart of every believer."
Our First Battles
The first initiatives of Rosaries for Life were the Inauguration Day Rosary Novena and the Conversion of America Novena, which got our campaign off the ground to the tune of 45,000+ rosaries. If you pledge a novena, please download a 72 day novena sheet from the website to help you follow along. We will have more group initiatives in the future, and we need many "American Sentinels" to pledge to pray the Rosary or Divine Mercy Chaplet every day for the next four years.
There are five specific intentions. We encourage you to add these intentions to those you already pray for, but as long as you include a general intention for the triumph of the Culture of Life, your pledge is welcomed. You may specifically pray a specific mystery for a specific intention, or simply pray the whole rosary for all of the intentions. If possible, pray the rosary in front of the Blessed Sacrament. The intentions are these:
- For the triumph of the Culture of Life in the United States of America.
- For President Obama, and for all of the leaders of the United States of America, that they will be led personally to Jesus Christ and His truth, and that they will lead our country in a positive direction, especially in regards to the establishment of a Culture of Life.
- For the hearts, minds and SOULS of the American people, that the fogs of secularism and relativism will be lifted so that they will be turned back towards Jesus Christ and the "least of His brethren".
- For a renewal of the virtues of purity and self-control, especially among our youth.
- In reparation for the scourges of abortion, Embryonic Stem Cell Research, euthanasia, cloning, artificial contraception, and all manifestations of the Culture of Death, and especially in reparation for the support and/or complacency that we as American Catholics have shown to these evils.